You have reached the right place to get a comprehensive guide on York air conditioner troubleshooting. With this guide, you can fix your York AC quickly and affordably. Choose your problem and then read through the possible causes and solutions. So, keep an eye on this York AC troubleshooting if it isn't working properly.
Causes & Solutions for York Air Conditioner Problems
Read our full York AC troubleshooting guide and know about how do you troubleshoot an AC problem.
York Air Conditioner Not Cooling
- The air filter may clog so airflow through the Air Conditioner is prevented.
- Condenser coils are dirty so that the general cooling efficiency is obstructed by debris.
- Your York AC compressor might be at fault.
- The running capacitor is having problems or it's blown will cause to compressor not to running.
- It has the wrong thermostat settings or it might be damaged.
- The air conditioner may not have enough refrigerant.
- Problems in the board such as main control board, temperature control board, etc.
- Clean the filter and condenser coils.
- Adjust the temperature set correctly. If it is defective, replace the thermostat. To determine that it is broken, test with a multimeter.
- Verify the refrigerant level and recharge to the specified charge or amount.
- Repair the control board. Or, replace it with a new one.
- Run the compressor, if it's not running properly, then you should replace it. You have to note that the run capacitor doesn't have continuity if dead.
Blower Motor Problem
If your AC blower is not running, try the following things.
Test the receiving power - First, you should check whether power is reaching the motor. It never runs when there lacks of current. So, troubleshoot the power supply system yourself or with the help of an electrician.
See if it is burnt - If the motor has power but still not working, it's might be burned out. For this, make sure the replacement needs to be done.
Verify that the blower fan is getting difficulties in spinning. When the blower fan of AC is obstructed by something, it may not spin as desired. Moreover, it will make a humming sound. Hence, you should remove the blocked thing which obstructs the fan's spinning path to avoid the problem.
Fan Not Working
- Check if the fan motor has power.
- If power is there, verify that it has a bad capacitor. It could have malfunctioned while supplying power to the fan motor.
- Now, check the loose connections or broken belt and repair it. If need, you should solve it with the replacement.
- The motor might be burned out. The burnt fan motor stops it from running. So, replace the motor if it burned out.
York AC Not Turning ON
- Initially, you have to confirm the power cord is in good operating condition and supply power. If it is at fault, replace the power cord.
- Check if the circuit breaker has tripped and reset it.
- If the air filter is dirty, clean the filter.
- Now, check the thermostat settings. Adjust the settings if it is set in the wrong setting. Sometimes, it might be defective, then you need to replace it.
- Clean the air conditioner drain pan if it has dust and dirt.
- See if the air conditioner fuse has blown and needs to done replaced.
Rooftop Unit Troubleshooting
With the failure of York air conditioner parts, you have to go through the rooftop repair. Here are a few steps to solve the problem.
- Clean or change the filter. It's no matter what model you are using, make sure to start by installing a new disposable type filter. If install permanent type, clean it regularly.
- Clean condenser coils. After cleaning the filter, you have to check if the condenser coils have debris. You should clean off the coils to restore the operation.
- A bad thermostat will cause your cooling woes. So, check and change the thermostat settings properly.
- Inspect the operator and damper linkages. Make sure that they are not only free but also running smoothly.
- Test belt tension and fine and adjust the belt tension if your unit has power exhaust fans or return air fan.
- Check for possible refrigerant piping leaks and add refrigerant if necessary.
- Inspect the compressor oil level. The level must be within the 1/4 to 3/4 range. Otherwise, add the oil. Remember that you test the oil when the compressor is operating in stable conditions only.
- Unclog the drain pan to restore regular function.
- Finally, verify the sensors that they are in recommended operating parameters. Replace the defective sensors.
York Air Conditioner Compressor Not Running
A defective contactor or capacitor, low voltage, loose connections caused the compressor not working. Hence, check and replace them if defective.
York Air Conditioner Error Code
By knowing the York air conditioner error codes, you can identify the issue of the air conditioning system.
E7 and F3, or 4 and 15 flashes - Communication failure.
E1, E2, F21, F7, F6, and F25, or 10, 11, 12, and 13 flashes - Sensor failure.
E14 - Indoor fan malfunction.
F19 or 6 flashes - High voltage.
F8 or 9 flashes - Outdoor fan malfunction.
F11 or 18 flashes - Abnormal compressor function.
F2 and F23 or 24 and 25 flashes - Over current problem.
So, identify the problem and remove the error as instructions provided in the manufacturer’s manual.
You have learned about the common York air conditioner problems. If you are unable to find the issue with this York air conditioner troubleshooting guide or it's difficult to fix, then talk to a certified technician to solve the problem. Moreover, if you found any defective York AC parts found, buy new OEM parts at PartsAPS. York replacement parts are available at less price for your air conditioning system.