To improve the AC unit’s performance, you need a clean filter; it saves energy as well if in any case AC cuts off, then it will help to avoid household melt down. So it is your priority to keep your Air Conditioning Filters clean and if required replace the faulty filters.
A clean filter can save your money in your next energy bill. So read this article to replace the faulty filters. Cleaning and maintenance requirements are different for different AC models. So here partsAPS team is going to share replacement procedure of Air Conditioning Filters for all the different types of AC:
Steps to Replace Your AC's Filters
To maintain air conditioner performance, regardless of the make or model of the unit you own, you will eventually need to change your AC filters, don’t worry. We'll make this clean filter installation as an easy quick and painless DIY project . Here's how.
Portable AC Filter Change
- 1. Make sure the unit is turned off and unplugged.
- 2. Check carefully your maintenance guide, so that you can buy a perfect match.
- 3. To get at the old filters you will need to remove the front panel or grill to get at the old filters.
- 4. Before installing the new clear filter carefully pull the old filter from the frame.
- 5. Reinstall the front grill in the previous position
Window AC Filter Change
- 1. Similar as portable AC, make sure the unit is turned off and unplugged.
- 2. Now remove the unit's front grill off.
- 3. Be careful during buying the AC filter, check all the specification laid out in the product maintenance guide.
- 4. Now replace the new filter by removing the old filter
- 5. You can plug in the unit after replacing the front panel.
N.B. The efficiency will be affected if you use the wrong filter. It may shut the Air Conditioner down all together.
Split System AC Filter Change
- 1. Open the cover so you have access to the filter as all the indoor component of most split AC units has a flip up front cover. Make sure the unit is turned off and unplugged.
- 2. Now you can replace the old filter with a new filter.
N.B. The efficiency will be affected if you use the wrong filter. It may shut the Air Conditioner down all together. And for split AC’s filters are need to be replaced once in a year. And it should be cleaned and checked least every three months.
Central AC Filter Change
- 1. For your particular AC system, determine what kind of filters you need. In the case of central AC, in every six months, a clean filter, ideally a new one should be installed. To save your some cash, a slide in panel filter can usually be washed to extend its lifespan. So, monthly checks are advised.
- 2. Media box filters are often mounted slightly higher up, and slide in washable filters are located closer to the bottom of the unit,
- 3. First remove the cover, in either case you'll need to do this first.
- 4. Replace with a new filter by pulling out the used filter.
- 5. Replace the cover by sliding the new, clean filter back into place and. You're good to go!
This is all about how to replace an old faulty Air Conditioning Filters with a new clean one. PartsAPS team hopes that this article will help you to save your time and money in the long run, and keep you cool! Regardless of the model that you own, knowing how to properly clean an air conditioner, , will extend the life of your unit.
If you have replace your AC filters visit our online shop to buy high quality filters in reasonable prices.